Another name it is e-cigarettes or electronic nicotine
delivery systems. This consists of a battery to power the vaporizer to evaporate
the nicotine and other chemicals to add flavor. I have heard it is safer than
using cigarettes. However, currently there is not much information about it.
Therefore, I have heard is better to use it to quit slowly, rather than keep
using it for long term.
The nicotine is
what makes it addictive. Consequently, it supplies the person with the
substance it is so addict to. It appears to be safer, since as I mentioned in
the previous post tobacco not only consist of nicotine, but other harmful
chemicals. Therefore, when this item it looks at this way, it appears to be
less harmful than using tobacco to provide the income of nicotine. On the other
hand, this item opens the possibility to use other drugs.
Some people think that
it can be used to quit smoking. However, little is known about this yet. Also,
this product is not advertised as for therapeutic purpose. I believe it depends
on the person’s determination to quit, rather than using the product itself. Therefore, it is not a one hundred percent
safety method and so an alternative for long term of nicotine consumption.
Reference:
National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2013, October 25). NIDA
TV Spotlight on Electronic Cigarettes. Retrieved May 2015, from YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz67IqkLwYs&feature=youtu.be
National Institute
on Drug Abuse. (2014, September). Electronic Cigarettes (e-Cigarettes).
Retrieved May 2015, from NIDA:
http://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/drugfacts/electronic-cigarettes-e-cigarettes
No comments:
Post a Comment