Heroin is an
illegal drug. The source of it is morphine, which is processed into it. Pure heroin
appearance it is of disperses white solids. This type in great quality can be snorted.
However, if is impure it is usually injected after diluting it.
This drugs it is
converted to morphine inside the brain. There it affects the opioid receptors.
Consequently, it causes a pleasurable feeling. However, after some of first
effects it will decrease the breathing, among others. Therefore, this can lead
to coma and damage the brain due to the lack of oxygen income.
I have not seen
this drug in person, but I have seen someone using drugs. I am not sure which
one, but surely it was taking it by injection. The person was down some stairs
at school (after school), hiding below them was diluting it and before he could
inject another dose, he spotted me and ran away. This was not rare to happen,
since if I looked hard enough through my school, I could perceive discarded needles
one the playground. That is when it becomes a problem to other people, because it
is dangerous to leave such instrument at that place.
Reference:
Hartz, M. (2010, March 6). How heroin affects your
brain. Retrieved April 2015, from YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSoyfLcwcKE
National Institute
on Drug Abuse. (2014, November). Heroin. Retrieved April 2015, from
NIDA: http://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/research-reports/heroin
No comments:
Post a Comment